International competition for acousmatic composition 2023
The Acousmatic Project (ACP) announces for the second time its Young Lion*ess of Acousmatic Music competition 2023 to composers under the age of 30, of any nationality and gender. We ask for works on a medium composed in a studio, projected on loudspeakers in concert, without the intervention of other live sound sources.
In an initial step the jury will select 8 compositions, which will then be performed in a streaming concert in July 2023. Of these, one jury-award and an audience prize will be awarded by online voting. The prize money is EUR 1000 for jury–award and EUR 800 for audience–award and the chosen works will be performed at the Echoes Around Me festival 23 with the Vienna Acousmonium in October 2023. A maximum of 100 works can take part in the competition.
- The acceptance of works ends at 100 entries – at the latest on 31 March 2023.
- The number of works already submitted will be announced daily online.
- The evaluation will be anonymous.
- The age limit is 30 years means the 31st birthday (proof by passport copy).
- Two winners will be selected – one by the jury and one by the public.
- Each participant may enter only one work.
- The work must not yet have been published, must not have won a prize at the moment of delivery and must not be accessible online for the duration of the judging.
- The duration of the work must not exceed 12 minutes.
- See also a clear definition of acousmatic composition http://www.musiques-recherches.be/fr/musiques-recherches/presentation
- Format: stereo (.wav, 48kHz, 24bit)
- Format: multichannel = stereo version (.wav, 48kHz, 24bit) & multichannel version with individual files (.wav, 48kHz, 24bit), + channel_setup.pdf
- Sending the works via one of the known transfer services (WeTransfer, …) .zip Folder to us with the contact form below
- maximum of 100 no later than 31 March 2023
- streaming concerts in July 2023
- award ceremony online in August 2023
- performance at the Vienna Acusmonium in October at the Echoes Around Me Festival 23
- Alla Zahaikevych (UA)
Associate Professor of the Department of Composition and Music Information Technologies
of the Tchaikovsky Kyiv National Academy of Music & President of the Ukrainian Association of Electroacoustic Music
- Annette Vande Gorne (BE)
composer, professor emeritus of acousmatic composition and spatial interpretation at the Royal Conservatory of Mons (Belgium) and founder of its electroacoustic section, president and artistic director of Musiques & Recherches (Ohain, Belgium) and of the festival “L’Espace du Son”, member of the commission for contemporary music at the Ministry of Culture of the Wallonie-Bruxelles Federation.
- Jaime Reis (PT)
artistic director of Festival DME and of Lisboa Incomum, Professor of Composition and Electroacoustic Music in the Lisbon College of Music (ESML)
- Volkmar Klien (A)
Professor of Composition at the Anton Bruckner University (Linz)
- The naming of the work must not include the name of the creator and the file must not contain metadata containing this information.
- The works will be given a number after submission and will remain anonymous until the online streams in July.
- If a jury member identifies a work, this jury member may not participate in the evaluation of this work.
- The author grants the performance rights for the streaming concert and the performance at Echoes Around Me to The Acousmatic Project.
- The result of the jury cannot be contested.
- The Acousmatic Project will have the right to continue to make the work available on the website for a period of one year and to present the creator of the work on the website.
- Submissions that do not meet the requirements described here will not be judged.
- ACP will have the right to change the terms and conditions of the call for entries if necessary. Any changes will be announced on this website.
- The prize-winners are requested to announce the Young Lion*ess of Acousmatic Music prize at each publication and further performance.
- The application form must be filled in and sent to us via the contact form below. The conditions of participation must be accepted.
- the work with title but without name of the creator in the titel and in the META data
- filled from: YoungLioness_Form.pdf
- passport copy – photoscan